"Big Red" Fire Museum

Picture

The American Heritage "Big Red" Fire Museum
332 North Church Avenue
Louisville, MS 39339-2017
(662) 773-3421

Established in 1989 by W. A. "Bill " Taylor, Jr.

A collection of restored antique fire equipment including late 1700 hand pumpers, hose reels, horse drawn ladder trucks and wagons, an 1889 Silsby 910 and an 1869 Cole Brothers

steam pumper, hand pulled reels and wagons, 1921 ALF pumper, 1924 Ahrens-Fox pumper, 1921 city service ladder truck, 1924 & 1957 ALF ladder trucks, and over 100 other fire antiquities.

W. A.  "Bill" Taylor established the museum with the purpose of promoting an appreciation of fire fighting history, a love and respect for our American heritage, the spirit of volunteerism, and a keen awareness of community fire safety.

Located in Louisville, an 8000 square foot building houses restored engines and other antiquities, including a Ford Model A Chief's Truck as well as a number of restored ladder trucks and other engines.

The museum is a private museum, but is open to the public free of charge "by appointment" only.  For more information please call ( 662) 773-3421 Teresa Taylor (ext. 219) or  Kay Reynolds (ext. 350).

Return to Home

1931 Model A Ford Pickup "Chief's Truck"

1909 Buick Model F "Touring Car"

1932 Autocar Pumping & Horse Car

1930 Model A Ford "Tudor Sedan"

1922 American LaFrance Type 39 Pumping & Chemical Engine

1957 Seagrave Ladder Truck

1929 Ahrens-Fox  "Type N-S-4"  Fire Engine

Return to Home